Alright, first off... The t-s are coming along nicely.... expect me to post and link soon. By Monday, hopefully sooner. We will all need them.
I have to say, I know why people are so excited to hear that Obama had been elected. Generally, its because they don't listen when he speaks. That's not to say that he isn't a good orator. It's because despite all his talk about raising and imposing taxes, people think he'll be getting them more money.
But, its all this wealth he's passing around that makes me nervous. That wealth? It's my money, and your money, and well, mostly my parents money. The million hours a week my dad puts in to keep himself and his family in a nice home and educated. This will be going to someone else. Someone who doesn't work all day, someone who gets to spend time with their family. It makes me almost happy to be between jobs right now, makes me think that maybe I'll just stop trying to make ends meet and let Obama take care of it for me. If he can make your mortgage payments, he can certainly feed me.
I don't mean to say that everyone has to be out for themselves and that no one should help someone else. I think we should all help. But, ultimately, it should be our choice. And I am not alone. Republicans give more money to charity than democrats. That's per bracket, anyone who wants to say its because we have more. I don't mind giving, but I want to pick to who. It isn't charity when someone takes your money for someone else. It doesn't matter half as much. But hey, why give out of the goodness of your help, why donate your money when you can just hand it over to someone else. There's less work involved right?
I also worry about special needs programs. Say what you want about Bush and typical student's education. Yes, there were problems, but he did a lot for children with special needs. He did, and Palin would have. I can only hope I'm wrong about how Obama's Hope will change these programs.
I'll try not to be cynical in the future. We're America, we can survive anything. At least for 4 years. And maybe he won't be as bad as we think. Who knows?
So.... stay tuned... soon to come... change camp shirts and my mix cd for when we're a-workin', workin' for hope and change.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment